Sunday, March 8, 2009

Kitten surprise!

No....I didn't get a kitten...but I did find a suuuupppeerrr cute one in the back area of my postmate's house while she was on vacation. I went over to water the plants and when I opened the back door I almost had a heartattack when the little thing tried to hop into the house. I have no idea how it got there, because she has 8 feet high concrete walls and the kitten is literally so small I really doubt it could have gotten there itself. Especially since I went around asking all the neighbors if they had a cat or kittens and they all said No. So I think someone might have thrown it there knowing she has another cat and might keep it.

It fits in the palm of my hand and as you can see from the picture with Jasper it's tiny (and Jasper's gotten so big!) I'm not gonna lie, it's so cute that it took a lot of strength for me not to take it home and call it my own. But then I came to my senses and realized I've never had a cat and wouldn't have a clue what to do, and I also just had to remember how horribly stressful a new puppy was and then I got Jasper. Sooo....no kitten for me! I just kept visiting it everyday, bringing it food and water and I even gave it a bath. Kind of sad I won't be keeping it, but thank goodness she asked me to water her plants!

Sorry, I know that's not very interesting in terms of Benin and another culture and stuff...but it was the highlight of my week for sure :-). And the pictures of it with Jasper are just toooo cute!

3 comments:

loehrke said...

The kitten is quite cute.
Here's my suggestion if you don't want to keep it: do NOT give it a name. Once you do that, you are sunk. There is no going back.
Maybe one of your students could use a kitten....
Stay healthy and stay strong, Mark Loehrke (Carly's dad)

Unknown said...

KRISTIN!!!!! I found your sister on facebook and she told me about your adventures in West Africa and gave me a link to your blog. I am happy beyond words to hear that you are in the Peace Corps AND using your French (mostly the French part, but what do you expect from me?)! You are my hero and it looks like you are having such a wonderful, life changing time.

Bises,
Madame Driver (or was I Mlle Montgomery to you?)

Gatto999 said...

J'adore the cat !...

Ciao from Italy
:)