Monday, February 23, 2009

Send mail!

Friday, February 21st, 2009

To: Mr. Receiver of the Post of Dogbo
Object: Request for a Post Box
Mr. Receiver,
I have the honor of coming very respectfully to solicit from your high benevelonce, a post box in Dogbo.
In the hopes of a favorable follow-up, I want you to receive, Mr. Receiver, the expression of my distinguished sentiments.
Sincerely,
Kristin Sulewski
US Peace Corps Volunteer
This has been translated for your reading pleasure because when the lady at the post office told me I had to write a letter requesting a box, she gave me one from another man to copy and this is what I wrote. Of course I just copied and handed her the paper and she handed me right back a key. No clue who this "Mr. Receiver" is.
Anyway, the bigger news is that I got a post box in Dogbo! Here is my new address:
Kristin Sulewski
B.P. 124
Dogbo, Benin
Afrique de L'Ouest/ West Africa
Some people have already sent me stuff to my friend's box and it seems to work just as quickly as mail that goes to the capitol (both letters and packages...*hint hint*). Can't wait to hear from you!

2 comments:

Judith A. Johnson said...

Melissa just had a blog about forms to be filled out or the procedure for note taking which involved precise ruling of letters, different colors of pen, and the most flowery, butt kissing language possible. That actually seemed more important than the actual content or purpose. Sigh. But congrats on your post box, may it be filled to excess with glorious salutations to your most excellent person.
Judy, (Carly's mom)

loehrke said...

It's ALWAYS good to know how to get things you need from "Mr. Receiver" and it seems that you have figured it out quite well.
Please accept this expression of my distinguished sentiments, Mark Loehrke (Carly's dad)