Monday, July 7, 2008

Loving It!!

Well, I've officially been in Benin for 2.5 days now, and loving every minute! Right now we haven't really seen very much, because we are staying in a large walled in compound just outside the city and we travel everywhere on big buses. There are about 10 current volunteers staying with us to help throughout training, and we aren't allowed to go outside anywhere without them. It's actually kind of reassuring that they don't just let us wander around until we get more information and guidance about how to handle ourselves and where to go. There are also a lot of other volunteers who keep stopping by to meet us and just talk to us about their experiences.

I know this isn't a really long post, but I've gotta be going because a long line is forming here. Once we can get out and head to a internet cafe I'll definitely write more and post pictures! I just wanted to let everyone know I arrived safely and everything is going great so far! Don't forget to check out my address posted on the sidebar and send me lots of letters and packages!! E-mail also works too, atleast until September!

Love you and miss you!

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Jealous of your Yellow Fever! Hopefully I'll be getting it in January!!! Glad you made it safe. Can't wait for the next post and first set of pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hello from literally half-way around the world. . . good to hear that you are doing well. Can't wait to see the pictures -- Ilse says hi!!

Nick (your brother from the north)

Peter J. Spadafore said...

Glad you arrived safely. I am adding you to my morning blog readings, so these posts better be filled with adventure and pictures!

Stay safe

Anonymous said...

Hey glad to hear you got there safe and having a great time. We miss you and can't wait for your next blog and the pictures.