Friday, December 12, 2008



Me blowing out my birthday candle at our awesome 80s bash! (note the sweet prom dress in the background)

AHHHH I'm so frustrated...I had this plan to upload a couple of random pictures but one takes so long that it turns out to be only one because I have to go now.

So instead of another random pic, I'll give you a random piece of information about Beninese culture- It is completely culturally acceptable to pick your nose. More than a few times I've been in a conversation with another adult and they totally stick their finger right up their nose. When I call on kids in class they always stand to answer, and sometimes they stand up and start picking their nose right in front of everyone. At first I was so tempted to laugh, but little by little I'm getting used to it. It's still so funny to think about in general though, and if I start picking my nose all the time when I get home you'll know why...:-)

3 comments:

loehrke said...

So: next time you could just combine ALL of the information by posting a picture of you picking your nose. And maybe have a bunch of other PCVs either joining in or acting like it's no biggie. Hard to believe that I don't make my living as an art director, I know.
Stay happy, Mark Loehrke (Carly's dad)

Anonymous said...

I trust they did not have your goat for Christmas. Sounds like you are having an adventure.

I am so proud of the work that you are doing. Time might drag now but you will remember this the rest of your life.

I am busy putting my EB5 project together. You can get information about it on our web site www.eb5michigan.com

When you get a chance drop me an email at jiml@eb5michigan.com

Jim and Val Lynch

Unknown said...

lol, weird, but now i want to move there so I dont have to only pick my nose when im in the car alone. What, not everyone does that?